- 26,800 square feet of floor space.
- Constructed of masonry and tilt up concrete.
- Located on 10 acres in the Village of Howard.
- The manufacturing building encompasses 18,000 square feet, including 2,000 square feet of office space.
- A separate 6,800 square foot building is a state-of-the-art fire research and test laboratory where products are developed and tested to industry compliance standards.
The “Smet hybrid” Design/Build technique combined with our Construction Management delivery method was completely utilized by the McWayne Companies (parent company of Solberg) on this LEED certified project. Smet exclusively oversaw the complete site selection, design, bidding, value engineering, construction and start-up for this project. Smet’s Development Funding Services (DFS) affiliate also created competition with municipalities which secured major governmental incentives for this project. Those incentives put the project over the hump and enabled it to happen. Design was also a major factor in this very specialized building!